Eight of the world’s best restaurants are in New York.
This is the list, in this order:
1. World’s best restaurant #5 is ELEVEN MADISON PARK, at 11 Madison Avenue. Chef: Daniel Humm. This Art Deko restaurant offers a delightful dining experience and top class cooking.
2. World’s best restaurant #11 is PER SE, at 10 Columbus Circle, in Time Warner Center. Chef de cuisine: Eli Kaimeh and Pastry Chef: Elwyn Boyles. Per se’s standout dish: Saint Jacques en croute de pommes de terre.
3. World’s best restaurant #19 is LE BERNANDIN, at 155 W 51st St. Executive Chef: Chris Muller. Le Bernandin’s standout dish: Poached skate and warm oysters, bacon mignonette and Dijon mustard sherry emulsion.
4. World’s best restaurant #29 is DANIEL, at 60 E 65th St. Executive Chef: Francois Bruel. Daniel’s standout dish: Duo of dry-aged black Angus beef.
5. World’s best restaurant #86 is MOMOFOKU SSAM BAR, at 207 2nd Avenue. Executive Chef: Paul Carmichael. Reservations are only accepted for the bo ssam pork shoulder (serves 6-10 people) and the whole-rotisserie duck ssam (serves 3-6 people). Reservations must be made online. Otherwise, Ssam Bar is a walk-in only restaurant. Small dishes: $8-13, large dishes: $12-26, cocktails: appr. $14.
6. World’s best restaurant #91 is MASA, at 10 Columbus Circle, in Time Warner Center. Chef: Masa Takayama. Masa has a long sake list.
7. World’s best restaurant #93 is MOMOFOKU KO, at 163 1st Avenue. Chef de cuisine: Sean Gray. Lunch Friday-Sunday. Dinner everyday.
8. World’s best restaurant #98 is JEAN GEORGES, at 1 Central Park West. Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten. In the warmer months the diners can enjoy the the full Nougatine Menu at the beautiful Terrace, or simply sip on a signature cocktail from the bar. The terrace has umbrella covered tables shaded from the sun but surrounded by the views of Central Park.